Chandra Ramanathan is Vice President and Head of the East Coast Innovation Center at Bayer. He is responsible for establishing the East Coast Innovation Center, building an innovative product portfolio with key academic partners, driving external scientific leadership and engaging with members of the local innovation ecosystem. His previous roles at Bayer include the global lead for External Innovation – Life Sciences and the role of the Global Launch Team leader of Copanlisib and Head of Pipeline Marketing.
Before joining Bayer, Chandra worked at Wyeth (Pfizer) and Bristol-Myers Squibb in various roles including Global Brand Team Leader, Licensing/Business Development, Neuroscience Strategy, Drug discovery and Applied Genomics.
Chandra has worked in the pharmaceutical product development and commercialization spectrum for more than 20 years. He holds an M.B.A from the Columbia Business School, Ph.D. in Genomics/Bioinformatics, M.S. in Medicinal Chemistry and B.S. in Pharmacy.
Recent speaking engagements include:
• LSX World Congress USA: “Fostering Innovation To Accelerate Company Growth” (October 2018)
• Fierce Biotech Drug Development Forum: “Establish the Academic Partnerships Necessary for Success in Early Clinical Stages While Improving Trial Transparency” (October 2018)
• BIOPHARM AMERICA International Partnering Conference: “Working within your ecosystem: Leveraging the Boston biotech cluster” (September 2018)
• Keynote Speaker at the Association of Academic University Research Parks Meeting at BIO (June 2018)
• Boston CEO Conference: “The New Frontier in Academic, Biotech and Pharma Partnering” (May 2018)