ENGAIN is the high-tech medical device company based on Bio-Macromolecules Synthesis technology. Our main products are Bio-inspired Colorimetric Sensing Platform and N-butyl Cyanoacrylate Embolotherapy & Medical Glue in Wound Healing.
1. Highly Innovative Paradigm Bio-inspired Colorimetric Sensing Platform (device & power free)
The new material sensor is color change hydrogel of film type, which is the structure that the color of specific wavelength is diffracted by periodic structure such as morpho butterfly, opal, and peacock feather. By combining with specific chemical molecule, it works as a sensor able to detect a wide of materials and stimulations such as blood glucose, pH, CO2,, temperature, etc. This innovative technology can be applicable to various area like Medical, Beauty & Cosmetics, Environment, Military, and so on.
The Advantages of Bio-inspired Colorimetric Sensing Platform
- Affordable price
- Simple patch, non-invasive
- Device & Power free
- Continuous monitoring by the color changes
- High speed detection, real-time visibility
Ex) Continuous Glucose Monitoring System : It is the differentiated technology that measures blood glucose concentration by using consecutive glucose - boronic acid equilibrium reaction.
2. N-butyl Cyanoacrylate Embolotherapy & Medical Glue in Wound Healing
N-butyl cyanoacrylate liquid embolic system is approved by the Food and Drug Administration for embolization of cerebral arteriovenous malformations, but is also used in the peripheral circulation for embolization of vascular and lymphatic pathology, arterial pseudoaneurysms, endoleaks, and vascular tumors.
And, n-butyl cyanoacrylate is also used as medical glue in wound healing. For a long time, sutures have been widely used in surgery, but can cause trauma to the applied site or surrounding tissues and it is difficult to prevent leakage of blood, body fluids, and air when used in tissues with a weak cohesive force such as lung, liver, and kidney or tissues with strong pressure such as blood vessels. Cyanoacylate adhesive has developed in order to overcome these disadvantages.
The Advantages of N-butyl cyanoacrylate - Embolotherapy & Medical Glue in Wound Healing
- Low viscosity: easy to deliver through microcatheter and tortuous vessel
- Effectively embolizes all potential collateral channels together with the main feeder by single injection
- Does not depend on coagulation for therapeutic effect: useful in patients with coagulopathy
Medical Glue in Wound Healing
- Excellent hemostatic effect and air leakage prevention
- Saving operation time and reduction of side effects such as infection.
- Good Cosmetic Result